St Patrick Church is seeking a volunteer Webmaster to assist with the maintenance and upgrading of the Church and School Websites
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and further develop the church/school website; including but not limited to assisting other faculty and PTO to design and post information on a regular basis.
- Oversee the editing, updating and development of all new and existing web pages on the websites.
- Ensure that all information posted on the website follows Diocese policy and procedures.
- Assist with designing new online connections and services through hyperlinks.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Relevant experience with web publishing and design.
- Thorough understanding of basic web design concepts such as HTML, browser differences, HTTP request‐response cycle and security considerations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with / knowledge of graphics/editing software such as Adobe CS, Photoshop, MS Office and other applications including Flash and Java;
- Experience with / knowledge of Internet and network communications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Positive and customer‐oriented team member;
- Ability to learn new operations, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure;
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks as requested;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, including appropriate handling of confidential matters;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff.
- Reports to Office Manager. Provides direction to all staff/stakeholders on website development and information to be posted online.
- Mainly home based but with a requirement to be available for meetings at the church/school scheduled at mutually convenient times.
SALARY AND HOURS: Sorry, but this is a volunteer position to support the Church and School. Your reward will be the happy parishioners and parents who depend on you to provide the information they need. The sites take an hour or two a week to maintain but at times the hours may increase greatly due to odd circumstances.
To apply for this position please contact Eileen Clark, Parish Office, or by email to email@example.com